Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cozying up the home just in time for Fall


Once September comes around, I begin to wonder how fast the year has gone by. 

Everything is slightly starting to change. The shorter evenings. The colder mornings. The different colors. Being from California I had never realized how a season change can be so noticeable. Or maybe it's my slowly drifting point in life from adolescence to adulthood. Regardless it is both beautiful and a bit overwhelming all at the same time. 

One of my best memories of childhood is decorating for the Holiday Season. My sisters and I would joke that mother's house was a boutique for Holiday decorations. She has the best knick-knacks and decorating ideas. Now that I am in my own (rather large) house, I've made it a point to make details important. Hubby enjoys coming home to a well groomed house and frankly so do I. So I've decided that decorating for the Fall Season will be my hobby for the next month or so. Not to mention it's almost inevitable to get into the decorating mood when all the stores are filled with wonderful decor items. And to make things worse, my obsession with Pinterest has me constantly searching for ideas and crafts. 


Rather than giving myself a headache trying to decorate all at once - in less than an hour - which is my usual style, I plan on taking it day by day. I've realized that crafting, organizing, decorating, etc. is much easier for me if I am calm and patiently wait for the perfect idea to come knockin' at the door. 

To begin, I've decorated my large buffet table. I have yet to repaint it, which I do plan on doing.. some day, however I think it works once nicely decorated with beautiful Fall Colors. Here's more on my buffet table.


My entryway, has also been nicely tackled with Fall Decor. Again extreme bargaining at its finest. 


The front door is also adorned with your typical Fall Wreath. I did however make this one myself - the cost was about $20, all supplies purchased at my local Michael's Store. Don't forget those coupons! 


Fall gardening is also a must. I absolutely love the colors of fall flowers, especially Mums. Not to mention how easy it is to keep these little beauties alive! 


Whatever may inspire you, I say go for it. There's a limitless amount of things that one can do to make our homes beautiful. 

Share some fall ideas with me! Follow my Fall Board on Pinterest and I'll follow your Fall Board back!