Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Art of Reminiscing -- ITALIA


OH the Beauty that is Europe, the beauty that is Italy, the beauty that is Italian Cuisine (and me getting fatter by the second due to the ridiculous amount of cappuccinos, pasta, bread, and gelato I would stuff my face with any chance I got).. Sorry about the side note, regardless I miss the crap outta Italy. And so does the hubs despite his incessant ridicule on Italian drivers.
Buying Gelato in Venice, Italy

So for anyone who is considering a trip to Italy in the near future don't let yourself be fooled by the people who insist that going to "touristy" places is over rated. When the hubs lived in Italy, Venice was about an hour away.. And so Venice was the hangout spot and please believe "over rated" was the last thing it was. There were so many times that we would hop onto the train at the Sacile Train Station and be on our way. Of course sightseeing is awesome especially if you're an Arts History expertise.. It's basically like all those pictures you saw in all those textbooks come to life. 
Vatican, Rome, Italy

I was fortunate enough to visit Italy during Spring, Summer and Winter.. and trust me all the seasons are wonderful. During the Spring you get showers and a nice breeze.. Perfect for boots, scarves, and pea coats.. Of course another perfect time to embrace Italian fashion. Summer is super hot with humidity off the radar, but the beaches are perfect! Filled with people who not only don't care what they look like in a two piece bikini but embrace being beautiful and confident in their own bodies. And last but not least.. Winter.. Now let’s talk about beauty! Winter in Italy isn't like winter in Montana, oh no.. You get rain, a bit of snow, and cold.. not unbearable cold, but just perfect! So regardless of the season that you may (or may not) be planning your trip abroad, Italy is gorgeous year round.
Lake Barcis, Italy

The memories that a person builds going to any trip are just remarkable. Some of the best memories that I shall have in my life were made in Italy. For example, for those of you who know me, you’ll know that spontaneity is basically my motto! I went to visit my “good friend” at the time in Italy after not having seen him in 4 years.. I know it was a bit crazy, but well worth the nerves and the excitement! A year later, we then got engaged a Bibione Beach, Italy.. 

So as you can see Italy will forever hold a special place in our hearts. 
And we really hope that one day you'll be able to visit Italy, or Europe for that mater, it's a wonderful place and everyone should indulge in the culture at least once in their lives :) 

XO