Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Coffee Filter Wreath - Fall Decor


Wreaths? Who doesn't love them? I sure do. 

This is one of the easiest crafts that I have done. My inspiration came from here-The 
Little Brown House - I however improvised with an idea from a previous project. 

It was a couple days works, ya know full time job and what not.. But also because like I said 
in another post, I'm really trying to enjoy the luxuries of creating my own home decor, 
rather than rushing through them for a sloppy end result. 

Anyways I've linked her tutorial above.. however here's what I came up with including my 
alternatives. 

The best part of this project is that I did not have to buy coffee filters. Thanks to our new 

Keurig, I had white coffee filters that I had no need for anymore. 

So let's begin:
White Coffee Filters (on hand - I believe you can get a packet for .89)
Styrofoam Circle (Dollar Tree)
Wired Thanksgiving Ribbon (Dollar Tree)
Hot Glue Gun (on hand)
Brewed Coffee (on hand - I LOOOOVEE COFFEE)


I began by brewing some coffee - I've also heard that tea does the trick - and warming it up in a large pot. I separated all the coffee filters and started to stick them in there. (Don't forget to turn off the burner) I left them in there for about 20 minutes and then took them all out. I threw them on my counter, over some paper towels to let them dry. While I was taking them out, I made sure to start to form them a little. It took a little over a day for them to be completely dry. 



Once they were all dry, I just got at it. I started on the inside of the wreath and worked my way around. I made sure that the coffee filters were shaped the way and in the direction that I wanted them. The nice part is that they are really east to work with. I made sure to stick in a coffee filter here and there if it didn't look "full" enough. 



I am using these wreaths for a window. So I wanted both sides to be decorated. Therefore I had to do the same on the front and back and on the sides. 



TADA - End product. 






I think it works, it was simple, cheap, and I can move them around the house!

Interested in more easy Idea for Fall Decor? Check out simple and cheap ways to garden!